Developing Effective Telephone SkillsCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Developing Effective Telephone Skills Training?
This course will enable you to examine the tools, tips and techniques involved in dealing with customers on the telephone. Exceeding customer expectation on the telephone means not only understanding the customer, but also being confident, efficient and friendly. By the end of the course delegates will be able to use the telephone professionally and productively. Provide excellent telephone service -meet and exceed expectations. Deal with complaints and difficult situations effectively. Listen empathetically and ask the right questions. Close a call by summarising what happens next. Manage your emotional responses when under pressure.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for all staff who need to communicate on the telephone. It is ideal for those who have frequent contact with customers and is suited to those on switchboard, reception, customer service units, call centres, help desks; and secretaries, PAs and administrators.
- Effective Telephone Communication
- Doing business on the telephone
- Creating the right impression-establishing rapport
- Planning and preparing your calls
- Mastering the basics of holding and transferring calls efficiently
- Controlling and closing calls smoothly
- Managing Challenging Callers
- Overcoming barriers to communication
- Recognising different behaviour styles- passive; aggressive and assertive
- Assessing and using your own level of assertiveness
- Adapting your voice and tone to achieve positive outcomes
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Understanding how perceptions can alter a call
- Handling complaints positively and creatively
- Defusing difficult situations
- Being positive even when you can't say yes
- Staying in Control
- Remaining calm; flexible and professional
- Managing your emotional responses under pressure
- Handle abusive calls and pick yourself up after a difficult call
- Leave a positive impression of you and your organisation
- Personal Development
- Refining your telephone manner-developing a courteous and professional style
- Creating a personal action plan.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Developing Effective Telephone Skills course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Marketing and Sales training organisations.
Open Courses & Public Events
Our Developing Effective Telephone Skills training public event calendar has more than open course training dates taking place across the UK. Search and book securely online and receive an immediate confirmation together with full joining instructions, your VAT invoice and a receipt of payment. You are also able to make an enquiry and receive our formal quotation. Lowest price guaranteed.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
In addition to a comprehensive Developing Effective Telephone Skills open course schedule, training is also available on client premises or at one of our training venues as a private course - provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, start by completing the form below and we'll send you the full course information and a quotation based on your requirements.
Make A Developing Effective Telephone Skills General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Developing Effective Telephone Skills courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.